As a mom, it seems like we’re often giving all our time to our kids, to the house, and to everyone else we serve so it’s not surprising that I often feel unkempt and unmotivated to get all dolled up. I think we’ve all been there, right? So I was thinking about this little problem and thought how nice it would be to give a glamorous gift to some of your friends that didn’t take a lot of time to create, but made a big impact in feeling beautiful and put together.
I have a favorite hairstyle for those days where my naturally curly hair is looking less than beautiful. It’s an undo that hides all the crazy ends, and I love that I look put together. But I’ve often wished I had a little something glamorous to add to the hairstyle to make it really beautiful.
So today I’m going to make a couple of glamorous flower combs to give as gifts as part of Jo-Ann’s #MakeItGiveIt campaign.
Flower Comb Supplies
- Wire combs
- Floral stems
- Tacky Glue
- Hot glue gun or fine gauge wire
- Scrapbook Paper
- Pull one of the blossoms off the stem, and trim the stem off. You may have to glue the layers of the flower together after this depending on the flower you’ve chosen.
- Add some glue where you want a little bit of glam, and then cover the glue with glitter. Shake it off, and let the glue dry.
- Glue or wire your blossom to the comb.
- Cut a piece of scrapbook paper with a slit wide enough for the comb to slide in to make it easy to give.
As part of the #Makeitgiveit sweepstakes (a partnership between Jo-Ann and the National Military Family Association), we want to give you a $100 Jo-Ann gift card as part of our Holiday Make it – Give it Sweepstakes! Entering is easy, just share a picture on Instagram of a holiday project you are working on and tag it with #MakeItGiveIt and you’re entered! You have until December 25th, so start snapping pics! We’ll pick 5 winners and announce them on December 30th. We’ll also be donating 5 – $100 gift cards to the National Military Family Association to distribute to families. See official rules here: http://bit.ly/MIGI14. All entries will be featured on our Make Gifts Merrier Holiday Hub at http://share.joann.com, so be sure to check it out!