I don’t know about you, but Halloween one of those holidays that you can decorate for in so many ways. There’s the cutesy, the spooky, the gory, the gothic, and many other forms. I personally like my halloween to be a little sophisticated–elegant almost.
So I’m using navy–the new black–in place of traditional colors this year for a sophisticated halloween candle holder. I’m also using an unusual supply to make it–a popcorn box!
Halloween Candle Holder Supplies
You’ll just need a few basic paper crafting supplies:
- Popcorn box (this one was from World Market)Navy patterned paper
- Baker’s twine
- Navy blue ribbon
Halloween Candle Holder Instructions
- Trace the shape of one side of the popcorn box onto your navy patterned paper, and cut 4 times. If you have a patterned paper like mine, you’ll need to pattern match so the stripes line up.
- Adhere the paper to the popcorn box, making sure to match your pattern and adhere the edges.
- Along the bottom third of the popcorn, place adhesive on all the corners.
- Wrap your baker’s twine around the popcorn box making sure the corners are sticking to the adhesive.
- Wrap some baker’s twine and navy ribbon around the candle, and put it in your candle holder.
And in just a few minutes you have a fun, sophisticated halloween candle holder to go along with your decor.