A couple of weeks ago I got the chance to guest post over at Mod Podge Rocks. This was the post I did there. I’ve been pondering a lot on love this month and how it play into our lives and into the Christmas spirit. I can honestly say that I feel more love this year during this season than I have for the past few. It’s been refreshing taking the “stuff” out of Christmas and putting back the Love. I hope you enjoy this project!
There are so many things going on around Christmas time–the lights, the shopping, and the bustle of the season. But one thing I can’t shake is that we often need a reminder about why we’re doing all those fun things. This year I’m concentrating my efforts and energy on creating a feeling in my home based on the reason we celebrate Christmas. Christmas is all about love. About peace, hope, and joy. But mostly about love. Without getting too far into my reasoning behind choosing this word and feeling for my Christmas, I wanted to create a project that would incorporate my hope for this year so that I would have a constant reminder of the goal I’m working toward.
I’m Lisa Mabey from Mabey She Made It, a DIY, craft, and sewing blog, and today I’m sharing this “Love” canvas with you. Let’s get started!
Love Canvas Supplies
- Square canvas
- Painter’s tape
- Gold spray paint
- Mod Podge
- White feathers
- Hot glue gun
- Electronic cutter (I love my Silhouette!)
- Randomly place painter’s tape across canvas, and spray the canvas with spray paint. Let dry.
- Remove the tape, and spray the entire canvas a second time to create texture. Let dry.
- Paint a heart with Mod Podge on your canvas, and start adhering feathers, layering them and forming them into a heart.
- For the top layer of feathers, adhere them with a glue gun so they aren’t matted down.
- Cut and apply vinyl “Love” to the canvas.
I have a lot more going on at Mabey She Made It, so please feel free to come over and check it out. I’d also love if you followed me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google + and Instagram!