Ooh, I’m excited to share this with you today. I added this fun piece to my life preserver gallery wall recently over at Made From Pinterest, and now I get to bring it home here. It’s really added to the feel of the wall and the room, and it’s so easy to make, especially since I’ve got a free Illustrator file for you to use. 🙂
Hi!, it’s Lisa from Mabey She Made It again. I love looking at and using maps and globes. They’re so fun and a great way to add color to your decor–especially if you love aqua as much as I do. I’ve also been eyeing those super cute home decor pieces where you cut out pieces of maps where you’ve lived like this one from Not on the High Street. You can buy one of hers, or you can make your own–with a little twist!
Ever since he graduated a few years ago, my husband’s job has taken us to different locations. And one of the things I’ve loved is getting to know each new place and love it as a home–even if it was only temporary. So this idea of remembering all the places you’ve lived resonates with me, especially since the list may continue to grow.
Map Decor Supplies
- Maps of where you’ve lived
- Computer and printer
- 1-3/4″ Circle paper punch
- Find where you’ve lived on each of your maps, and punch it out.
- I wanted a title and the latitude and longitude of each of the places we’ve lived, so I looked them up, and created a quick layout in Adobe Illustrator. (If you want to use my .AI file you can download here).
- Print it out, and adhere your map circles over the template circles.
- Frame it, and you’re done!
So simple, and yet meaningful. I love how this quick project lets me remember all the places we’ve been and that no matter where we go, I’ll be able to create home since I’m with my family.
Never Lose Your Drawstrings Again || DIY Sunburst Mirror Upcycle || Vinyl Striped Walls