Last month I made these cute little felt pumpkins and shared them over at Create. Craft. Love. for my first contributor post. And they’re so much fun that I’m bringing them home today. You got a peek at them on my rustic fall mantel but here’s all the details and the tutorial in case you want to make some for your upcoming Thanksgiving celebrations!
Good morning! I’m Lisa Mabey from Mabey She Made It, a DIY, craft, and sewing blog. I’m so excited to be here at Create.Craft.Love–this is my first contributor post, so I’m thrilled that I get to share with you again in the future.
Today I’m feeling very fallish–it froze for the first time last night here in Idaho so I’m not ahead of myself for this part of the country.
I’m also a huge fan of the white heirloom pumpkins so this echoes that look.
And it’s my favorite time of year anyway. So to get the felt out and let’s get decorating!
Today I’m sharing a no-sew felt pumpkin garland. You’re going to love how easy these are and how elegant they can look. Or, if you like more color just add them in to suit your fancy!
- Cut your felt into circles–mine were 5-1/2″ in diameter and I traced around a pot with chalk. Cut enough for all your pumpkins.
- Cut some 10″ squares from your tulle–one for each pumpkin. Then layer your tulle under each felt circle.
- Add some fiber fill to the center of each circle.
- Gather the edges of the tulle to make your pumpkins. Twist the tulle at the top and put a small elastic around the top, but don’t pull the tulle all the way through to create a stem and leaves (like when you don’t pull your hair all the way through your pony tail holder).
- Stick a feather under the rubber band, then tie a little ribbon around the stem.
- To add your pumpkins to the garland, slide the garland ribbon through the rubber bands and position them evenly.
- Hang them up!
I love that it’s neutral but that it also has a natural vibe because of the feathers and the different textures.
They’re cute, they’re comfortable, and they’re fabulous.
If you like this, I hope you’ll come join me at Mabey She Made It for more fall ideas like these:
Pinecone Garland || Metallic Acorn Wreath || Sheet Music Pumpkin
And you can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google + and Instagram
Aww, this is too cute! I am almost ready to transition to Christmas decorations, but I’m collecting some ideas for Fall DIY projects for next year. Stopping by from Hit me with your best shot!