Today I’m part of the Fall Harvest blog hop, and if you’re hopping over from another blog–welcome! I’m so glad you’re here. If it’s your first time here, please feel free to click around and get to know me a little better.
So let’s get to it! This fall I’m having a lot of fun with mixed metals. And between my love of silver/pewter and the gold fever that’s going around I figured that this Silver and Gold Shutter Display was a fun way to mix it up and create something that will be fun for fall AND Christmas/winter.
Silver and Gold Shutter Display Supplies:
- Silver spray paint
- Gold spray paint
- Rope twine
- Leaves (real of faux)
- Mini clothespins
- Gold ribbon
- Hot glue gun/glue
- Spray paint your shutter using the silver spray paint. Make sure you do a couple of thin coats and that you open and close the shutter slats for good coverage. Let it dry.
- Spray paint your leaves and pinecone, making sure to cover all those little cracks as well as you can. Let it dry.
- Tie an end of your rope twine around the top and bottom slat, leaving just enough slack to get a good curve with a little bit of weight on it.
- Tie a bow from your ribbon, then hot glue it to your pinecone. You will also need to create a small loop for the pinecone to hang from.
- Pin your leaves and pinecone from the rope twine.
I’m enjoying it inside my black cabinet because of the contrast and the way the black shows off the mixed metals. And I can’t help but sing “Silver and Gold” over and over in my head as I look at it. Ha!
If you like this project, then you may also like these:
I’ve teamed up with a group of 75 bloggers to share tons of Fall Harvest Ideas with you! From crafts, to recipes, to home decor and more…we have you covered for Fall inspiration!
Check the gallery below and visit some of my blogging friends to see their awesome ideas!!