There’s something so fun about creating a feature wall in a special place in your house. I’ve loved all the sloped ceilings in the upstairs rooms–part of the reason I fell in love with this fixer-upper in the first place–and am excited to share another fun idea for decorating those sloped ceilings.
This time I’m working in my master bedroom again. This particular wall is right above our bed, so I’ve been thinking about what I wanted to do with it for a long while. I knew I wanted it to be geometric and to imitate a stenciled or wallpapered look without the permanence of either. So cutting vinyl stickers to place on this section of wall was a fun way to get that exact look. And if you’ve been here for a while you know how much I love Expressions Vinyl.
Vinyl Sticker Supplies
- Roll of white vinyl from Expressions Vinyl
- 12″ x 24″ sheet of Dark Blue vinyl
- Silhouette CAMEO
- Craft knife (or weeding tool)
- Transfer tape (optional)
- Create a page full of octagons in your Silhouette Studio, and cut out enough to cover the wall or space you want from the White vinyl. Weed any spaces between the octagons.
- Create a cut file of diamond shapes, and cut from the Dark Blue vinyl.
- Measure and mark your wall to get the spacing you want, then start laying the white octagons first.
- Then add in the Dark Blue diamonds as desired. I added the diamonds to every other grouping to add interest.
And just like that you have a unique feature wall that looks like you spent a ton of time and effort on it, but is really quite simple to execute. Vinyl stickers are super easy to create and endlessly fun to arrange.
Thanks for visiting, and I’d love to hear your ideas for working with Vinyl!